At some point in time I read somewhere that one should not write on the blog an excuse for not having posted anything for a while. If you happen to subscribe to this of view, you probably better to stop reading now, otherwise you are naturally welcome to stay.
And yes, it is true: not only did my blogs , but also whole my online presence had been, say in a kind of stealth-mode (in order to avoid the probably more appropriate dormant or kind-of-winter-sleepish). This became even more obvious to me, when I learned the other day, that this site went down for many hours and naturally no one even noticed or missed it. Not even myself.
This was the moment I thought that something finally has to change again.
Looking back at the previous months, it almost felt as if I wiped myself more or less off the internet. My tweets were mainly auto-posts from Instapaper , my G+ is mainly dormant for many other reasons , my photo processing is facing an ever growing backlog, and almost-finished-drafts are piling up on my HD.
Fact was (implying past tense and trying to be optimistic here) I have not only been very busy recently at the work that pays my bills, but probably also a bit tired of contributing to my sites after being active on them for more than three years by now.
Even though I did not intend to do so, I obviously took a bit of a time-off but now have to get back into business (again a bit of optimism here). As Spring is about to spring around here, it’s probably the best time to get started again.
Still I haven’t been in a total winter-sleep:
- I have successfully been working on re-thinking my writing-workflow, and made it most easy and efficient (yes, I did manage to do some writing, I just never finished any of the posts)
- My task-management (not that I got anything done worth mentioning during that period, see above) got severely messed up during the attempt of simplifying it. Eventually I switched back to my old and working routine with a little more streamlined approach though. (I know, I know… If I works don’t fix it. I’m brilliant with things like that by now.)
- I did some, and continue to do so, re-modeling of this site.
- I continued to keep with my Twitter-stream many times a day. Even though mainly only browsing through it and not so much participating.
- Caught up with my reading list in Instapaper
- And fine-tuned my Podcast-routine 
And naturally there are a lot more, and let’s face it, more important things in life than all of the above.
Simply put, without even really noticing I stepped away from old routines and tried to make many things in my online-life easier and un-intrusive as possible. Still, I could have saved many troubles by sticking to what worked, which was what happened on quite a few aspect. On the positive side, this will all end up in a little self-ironic rant that eventually might be published here.
And of course a few fresh images had been taken during this weekend as well, meaning life is good again.
And before this post also ends up as a draft and gathers dust, I will quickly press the synchronize button.
I still enjoy using Instapaper a lot even though I spent most of my reading nowadays in Pocket ↩
Also here you can expect a little something once I have finished the post. ↩