Sonny is without doubt one of my favorite players. Here’s a great video and some info on JazzWax. Adding this to my need-to-watch-list.
So where was this tape hiding all these years? The tape sat on the shelf at Van Gelder’s studio until Coltrane died in July 1967, when Impulse executives came to retrieve them. After ABC Records relocated to Los Angeles in the early 1970s, the tape went into storage. Soon, cost-cutting led ABC to discard reels of warehoused tapes that hadn’t been released as albums. Coltrane’s March 6 recording was purged.
This is exciting news and I already placed a pre-order. Marc has as always a very informative article and background information on the recording. Can’t wait for it to be released in the next week.
Just ran into this new(-ish) markdown editor. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but it looks interesting.
That being said, I’m writing this in iA Writer with which I’m very happy for many years and there is also my Atom.io setup which I’m also happy with. I’m not facing a shortage of markdown editors at least.
I have been looking around quite a bit, but, even though still in beta, I found Readably to be the best designed Feedbin (which I’m currently trying again, don’t ask, long story) and Inoreader client for Android. So far I’m very happy with it and it’s just what I have been looking for. If you use either of these services, you should have a look at it.
UPDATE: Currently facing some rather annoying sync-issues, which is less than optimal.
It’s this time of the year, where another great OnePlus phone is released. I’m super excited to show you all the new wallpapers for the OnePlus 6!
Now that the OnePlus 6 has been released I had to check if Hampus Olsson also released/published the wallpapers on his website like he usually did, and bingo! It’s again a great set of wallpapers. Will check which one will work the best for me.
The last couple of weeks had been busy, as in very, and of all things, posting my usual casual links was very low on the list of things to do. Now my workload, should I get passed this weekend, should be a bit more relaxed. I have the feeling I said this before, and it didn’t work out either. I am though mildly optimistic now.
I wasn’t entirely off of everything though and did remember to send a few things over to my task-manager to remind me of posting them. So without further ado:
- Kottke.org had a nice set of images of “Four seasons in the life of a Finnish island“. We ourselves are currently roughly on the first image, snow (about) gone but mostly brown-ish ground.
- Lunarbaboon has with “Round” something to look forward to.
- Purrli is a cat-purr generator, because, well, because I guess. (via Laughing Squid)
- On Jamie Oliver is a recipe for cold-brewed coffee. I might try this, my last attempt with a different recipe was underwhelming to be polite.
- Luke Spear has a very detailed article on Plain Text Productivity. This is both intriguing and dangerous. I am currently rather contempt with my not very-plain-text-system and should definitely not start tinkering around with it.
- By chance I found Derek Sivers site Music Thoughts. A collection of quotes around all things music. Very interesting stuff there. Which also reminded me of finally posting some of the quotes that I have collected.
- Atomic Blocks by the folks of Array Themes is a great, and possibly one of the first set of external Gutenberg blocks. Also the related theme is nice. I have a few of these blocks in action on my home page for those interested.
Today we’re introducing a search collection using emoji, starting with books. Just include 📚 with your microblog text about a book you’re reading or related topic, and your post will automatically be collected on /discover/books.
This is both a great feature and idea! Looking forward to check what other people have posted (or will post) and add my own reading lists.
The Magnus Archives teased the beginning of season 3 which is to be continued by the end of this month. Which is great news. The extra-amazing The Monster Hunters keep up with their one/two episode a year schedule and tease the promising title Queen of the Yeti Men. The teaser is already hilarious.
Looking forward to hear new episodes from either of these.