Liking this. Also make sure to read the linked-to article on Mashable: Stop using Facebook and start using your browser
Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 — from $79 to $29 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, starting in late January and available worldwide through December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com.
That is neat! I’m still very surprised of the quality of the battery life in my phone, but a new battery certainly wouldn’t hurt. This is definitely a great move.
The stats from Goodreads came in the other week and I was happy to realize that I reached my reading-goal for this year. I didn’t succeed with big fanfare though, as I just nailed it with 17 out of 17 books.
Okay, the year is not over yet, and I just started reading Persepolis Rising, and still have John Scalzi’s ”Your Hatemail will be Graded” in the works, but somehow I doubt I will get either done still this year. But hey, I might surprise myself.
And now some stats
According to Goodreads the stats look like this:
17 books with 5,746 pages alltogether. With 24 pages the shortest book would be Scalzi’s The Tale Of The Wicked (actually it’s a short story) and the longest would be Caliban’s War with 611 pages. The highest rated book (on Goodreads) is Chet Baker: The Missing Years and the most popular one Leviathan Wakes.
The books in the Expanse series by James S.A.Corey and the work of John Scalzi were certainly my discovery of the year. I especially enjoyed ”Old Mans War”.
- James S.A.Corey: Leviathan Wakes
- James S.A.Corey: Caliban’s War
- James S.A.Corey: Abbandon’s Gate
- James S.A.Corey: Cibola Burn
- James S.A.Corey: Nemesis Games
- James S.A.Corey: Babylon’s Ashes
- James S.A.Corey: The Churn
- James S.A.Corey: The Butcher of Anderson Station
- John Scalzi: The Tale of the Wicked
- John Scalzi: Old Man’s War
- John Scalzi: The Ghost Brigades
- John Scalzi: The Dispatcher
- John Scalzi: Miniatures
- Mark Beneke/Florian Hillebard: John Sinclair – Brandmal
- Aaron Mahnke: The World Of Lore – Monstrous Creatures
- Artt Frank: Chet Baker – The Missing Years
Considered the time that I have to read, I guess I will not go out far, and keep my goal of 17 books for the next year.
Liked: Video: Cannonball in 1958
Enjoyed watching Doctor Who’s christmas episode. I think it was the first Christmas episode, that I actually managed to watch around Christmas. And what a great one it was. Looking forward to the next season.
We went to see some reindeer in the morning. Related: phone dies at minus 20 degrees.
Merry Christmas everybody!
Not built for dads.