By pure accident I discovered “The Wolverine – The Long Night” the other night and by now I’m already a few episodes in, only disrupted by the apparent in-ability of my bluetooth headphones to charge properly. So far it’s a fun audio-drama and I’m looking forward to see how the story evolves. From all Marvel characters Wolverine is surely one of my favorites.
Nice to see The Monster Hunters back. At this moment it seems to be more of a re-issue of the previous seasons on a new network, but I hope they will put out new episodes as well.
The amount of podcasts consumed during the last few months has seriously been going downContinue reading “My Podcast List for Spring 2018”
- Dirk Gently’s Hollistic Detective Agency I had the book in my books-that-I-downloaded-the-sample-yet-never-came-around-to-read-list and was happily surprised when I read on Tor.com that there is a series on Netflix. This is fun and as quirky as one would expect from Douglas Adams
- Star Trek Discovery This was all over the place, so there’s no surprise that series is fun and exciting. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
- Stranger Things Season 2 Season 1 was one of the best series that I have seen in a long time and the second season doesn’t disappoint. But then again, you already know that.
- Steal The Stars: I just finished with this show the other day. This is very good audiodrama. But don’t only take my word for it. Here’s a post on Tor.com telling you more.
- Deadly Manners This is as old-timey-radio-mystery as it gets featuring the voice of LeVar Burton
- Spooked Spooky stories. Seriously, there’s not much that can go wrong here.
Great new episode of The Magnus Archive. Like how it all starts to unravel. Looking forward to the next episode.
I did some spring-cleaning and have cleaned up my subscription list and cut it in half
During the last year my podcast list has grown quite a bit, and I frequently added more and more audio-dramas. Eventually I found myself not only unable to catch up with the various shows and series but also lost interest into a few the shows. Some of them simply couldn’t keep me attached for long enough or got rather stale in my opinion.
So, the other weekend I then eventually went through my subscriptions and slimmed it down quite a bit and it seems like I went back to my old list of Tech-Shows.
Currently there are overall 37 shows in my list, quite a few of them though are currently not updated or on a hiatus. So, for the sake of simplicity I will add here only the ones that are frequently updated.
Today launched the premiere of Bronzeville, a scripted audio-drama directed by (as far as I understood), and starring Laurence Fishburne. The show will “chronicle the lives of players in the lottery games while illuminating the self-sustainability of the community’s African American residents“.
The first episode is already great. Looking forward to the next episode in a week.