Happy to notice that The Magnus Archives Season 4 will start next week. Looking forward to that.
After finishing the rest of the Nightflyers and other Stories by George R.R. Martin I continued with the first of the Murderbot Diaries, All System Red, by Martha Wells. It is a great read and I will surely read the remaining stories. I’m currently just wondering whether I buy them or simply use one month of Storytel, which would in fact be the cheaper option. Not sure yet.
While I think about that, I’m listening the Audible original audio-drama Alien – Out Of The Shadows. I’m half-way through and so far it is a fun listen.
Despite my recent intention to step back from audiobooks for a while a focus on catching up with my podcast-backlog I only managed to take a minor break and caught up with my podcasts (mostly by unsubscribing or simply marking episodes in bulk as played) and then went back to Audible.
I did though enjoy listening to podcasts more regularly again and am now fully up to speed with “Wolverine” (I hope Marvel will produce more shows like this), the most recent “All About Android” as well as “Return Home” and “Limetown – Season 2” which both are still ongoing. Also tried a new science show “Daniel & Jorge explain the Universe” which is fun and interesting.
Once I had my podcast situation under control I, after finishing Scalzi’s “Consuming Fire” I continued with Stephen Fry’s Victorian Secrets and inspired by today’s post on Tor.com got me George R.R. Martin’s Nightflyers which I will get to once I finished another audiobook of german pulp-fiction John Sinclair. Next in line are either Stephen King’s “The Stand” or Justin Cronin’s “The Passage“, haven’t yet decided.
Since the end of the year is getting close, a post with some stats of the year, including my reading-list will be coming up.
By pure accident I discovered “The Wolverine – The Long Night” the other night and by now I’m already a few episodes in, only disrupted by the apparent in-ability of my bluetooth headphones to charge properly. So far it’s a fun audio-drama and I’m looking forward to see how the story evolves. From all Marvel characters Wolverine is surely one of my favorites.
Nice to see The Monster Hunters back. At this moment it seems to be more of a re-issue of the previous seasons on a new network, but I hope they will put out new episodes as well.
The amount of podcasts consumed during the last few months has seriously been going downContinue reading “My Podcast List for Spring 2018”
- Dirk Gently’s Hollistic Detective Agency I had the book in my books-that-I-downloaded-the-sample-yet-never-came-around-to-read-list and was happily surprised when I read on Tor.com that there is a series on Netflix. This is fun and as quirky as one would expect from Douglas Adams
- Star Trek Discovery This was all over the place, so there’s no surprise that series is fun and exciting. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
- Stranger Things Season 2 Season 1 was one of the best series that I have seen in a long time and the second season doesn’t disappoint. But then again, you already know that.
- Steal The Stars: I just finished with this show the other day. This is very good audiodrama. But don’t only take my word for it. Here’s a post on Tor.com telling you more.
- Deadly Manners This is as old-timey-radio-mystery as it gets featuring the voice of LeVar Burton
- Spooked Spooky stories. Seriously, there’s not much that can go wrong here.